Get Involved with Your Library!
Want to make your voice heard in the community, develop leadership skills, and have fun making new friends?
The Teen Library Council (TLC) is a place to share ideas about activities, materials, and changes to implement to make the library a destination for teens.
Tasks for Council Members
Help spread the word about programs and services for teens at the Library
Volunteer at Library programs like International Games Day and Free Comic Book Day
Be an active library user in order to provide targeted feedback about programs and services
Share your ideas at monthly Council meetings!
About the TLC
TLC’s mission is to help the Chippewa River District Library better serve the needs and interests of local teens. TLC meets with Tinna Mills, teen programming coordinator, on a monthly basis during the school year to brainstorm ideas and provide feedback about teen library programs, materials and to sign up for ongoing volunteer opportunities.
Members of the Chippewa River District Library Teen Library Council must:
- Be a student in grades 6 through 12
- Complete permission form to participate
- Attend new member orientation
- Commit to serving a 1-year term on TLC through active involvement (September – June)
- Attend monthly meetings
- Volunteer as needed for library programming
- Opportunity to provide input for library decisions related to teens
- Members receive volunteer service credit for school
- Members will develop marketable leadership skills
- Participation can be listed on job, scholarship, and college applications